Your shopping cart is empty!
The 20th Anniversary Edition of Peter Green’s award-winning Blues album from 1998. On vinyl for the first time, this 2018 Madfish edition features new artwork.
Peter Green is widely regarded as one of the finest guitarists of his generation, with his virtuoso Blues playing being an integral part of the original Fleetwood Mac (which he founded in 1967). His tortured lead sound placed him on a par with legends such as Eric Clapton, Jeff Beck and Jimmy Page. In the early 1970s, Green left the band and spent much of the next three decades in the wilderness battling a number of health issues.
Green re-emerged in the late 1990s performing with the Peter Green Splinter Group. The second album to mark his remarkable revival, The Robert Johnson Songbook, is regarded as one of the finest Blues records ever made and was the first British album to win the prestigious WC Handy Award.
The album features 16 exquisitely heartfelt performances of Johnson originals, with Green on lead guitar, harmonica and vocals, plus support from Nigel Watson, Roger Cotton, Larry Tolfree, Neil Murray and guest Paul Rodgers.
180g vinyl with a 2-page insert featuring sleeve notes.
1. When You Got A Good Friend [2:47]
2. 32-20 Blues [2:56]
3. Phonograph Blues [3:29]
4. Last Fair Deal Gone Down [2:46]
5. Stop Breakin' Down Blues [3:18]
6. Terraplane Blues [3:44]
7. Walkin' Blues [3:07]
8. Love In Vain Blues [4:48]
1. Ramblin' On My Mind [3:00]
2. Stones In My Passway [2:57]
3. Me And The Devil Blues [3:03]
4. Honeymoon Blues [2:32]
5. Kind Hearted Woman Blues [3:41]
6. I Believe I'll Dust My Broom [3:20]
7. If I Had Possession Over Judgement Day [3:41]
8. Sweet Home Chicago (feat. Paul Rodgers) [4:15]