Your shopping cart is empty!
A release in celebration of the legendary Mott's 50th-anniversary, which features a peerless collection of classics, including Mojo's All-Time Top 100 Single All The Young Dudes.
Double LP in a gatefold sleeve with printed inner bags featuring original artwork for All The Young Dudes, Mott and The Hoople, plus liner notes written by Mott the Hoople and Ian Hunter biographer Campbell Devine.
The Golden Age of Rock 'n’ Roll showcases Mott The Hoople’s amazing CBS Records repertoire and includes Honaloochie Boogie, All The Way From Memphis, Roll Away The Stone and The Golden Age of Rock ‘n’ Roll, as well as the superb Marionette (a pre-Bohemian Rhapsody mini-opera described by Ian Hunter as a nervous breakdown on record!).
Mott the Hoople occupies a unique place in the annals of international rock music. Oozing style, attitude and unpredictability, the band recorded a peerless legacy of songs combining homage, honesty and killer hooks. As Mott's focal point, lead singer Ian Hunter was also one of the toughest and most inventive writers of the early Seventies.
Over the years, Mott the Hoople have been cited as an inspiration by Queen, The Clash, Kiss, Primal Scream, Mötley Crüe, Cheap Trick and Def Leppard, whose frontman Joe Elliott remains a devoted fan.
The band are also releasing Live at Hammersmith 1973 via Madfish, which features their legendary riotous set as a double LP with six tracks appearing on vinyl for the first time.
"Mott the Hopple was the greatest rock'n'roll band ever." JOE ELLIOTT (DEF LEPPARD)
"Raw, fun, angry, glorious and jagged... Mott was everything." BRIAN MAY (QUEEN)
"If it hadn’t been for Mott, there would be no us" MICK JONES (THE CLASH)
1. All The Young Dudes (UK single version) [03:29]
2. Jerkin' Crocus [03:59]
3. One Of The Boys (UK single version) [04:19]
4. Sweet Jane [04:21]
5. Sea Diver [02:53]
1. Honaloochie Boogie (UK single version) [02:43]
2. Rose [03:55]
3. Ballad Of Mott The Hoople (26th March 1972, Zurich) [05:23]
4. I Wish I Was Your Mother [04:49]
5. All The Way From Memphis [03:25]
1. Hymn For The Dudes [05:23]
2. Whizz Kid [03:25]
3. Violence [04:47]
4. Roll Away The Stone (UK single version) [03:01]
5. The Golden Age Of Rock 'n' Roll [03:23]
1. Marionette [05:01]
2. Crash Street Kidds [04:29]
3. Rest In Peace [03:53]
4. Foxy, Foxy (UK single version) [03:30]
5. Saturday Gigs (UK single version) [04:20]