Your shopping cart is empty!
Double vinyl edition of Ophthalamia’s dark masterpiece from 1995, Via Dolorosa.
Sweden’s Ophthalamia was formed in 1989 by IT (known for his work in Abruptum). Ophthalamia was a fantasy-world created by IT and the songs were connected to stories based around this fantasy-world. Though the band could be classified as Black Metal, there is much more to Ophthalamia, with diverse Metal influences and Progressive passages, along with some strong atmospherics.
Via Dolorosa also includes a cover of the Mayhem classic, Deathcrush and the line-up featured IT (Tony Särkkä) with Legion (ex-Marduk), on vocals. Also appearing on the album was Emil ‘Nightmare Industries’ Nodtveidt and Winter (drummer for Swedish Death Metallers Edge of Sanity).
This vinyl edition of Via Dolorosa contains new liner notes from producer Dan Swano and Slayer Magazine’s Metalion, including their memories of Tony “IT” Särkkä, who recently died.
1. Intro / Under Ophthalamian Skies / To The Benighted
2. Black As Sin, Pale As Death / Autumn Whispers
3. After A Releasing Death / Castle Of No Repair (Part II)
1. Slowly Passing The Frostlands / A Winterland`s Tear
2. Via Dolorosa / My Springnight`s Sacrifice
1. Ophthalamia / The Eternal Walk (Part III)
2. Nightfall Of Mother Earth / Summer Distress
1. Outro / Message To Those After Me / Death Embrace Me (Part II)
2. A Lonely Ceremony / The Eternal Walk