Your shopping cart is empty!
Featuring new artwork by Matti Engdahl, Mind Vol. 1 is the first in Isildurs Bane reissue campaign.
Mind Vol. 1 was originally released in 1997 to great acclaim and signalled a new direction in IB's development with the arrival of percussionist Klas Assarsson - who is heavily featured on marimba, vibraphone and percussion.
With its rich and detailed production, the album presents an ambitious and intricate fusion of Chamber/Art music and Rock.
Including the Zappa-esque five part suite The Flight Onward, the movingly melodic The Pilot and the dark Ambient Prog of Holistic Medicine, Mind Vol 1 is a perfect soundtrack for a movie yet to be made.
CD in digipak.
1) The Flight Onward - Phases 1-5 [12:05]
2) Ataraxia [3:27]
3) In a State of Comprehension [4:24]
4) The Pilot [5:38]
5) Unity [3:31]
6) Opportunistic Walk - Phases 1-2 [15:15]
7) Holistic Medicine [14:51]
8) A Blank Page [3:08]
All compositions by Mats Johansson
Arranged and produced by Isildurs Bane
- Jonas Christophs / guitar
- Mats Johansson / synths, samplers, musical box, rainstick, Fx
- Joachim Gustafsson / violin
- Fredrik Emilson / basses (electric, acoustic & synth)
- Kjell Severinsson / drums & percussion
- Klas Assarsson / percussions, marimba, xylophone, vibes, bells, tubular bells, chimes, congas, djembe, dombak
- The Saltstänk Choir / chorus vocals
- Marit Zetterström / choir leader
- Jonas Christophs / lead & rhythm guitars
- Janne Schaffer / acoustic & electric guitars
- Magnus Gutke / classical guitar
- Lars Hägglund / grand piano, synth
- Peter Schöning / cello
- Jonas Albrektson / oboe, English horn
- Daniel Bruno / trombone, bass trombone, tuba
- Tora Stenar / flutes, piccolo
- Björn J:son Lindh / flute, recorder
- Erik Mattisson / trumpet
- Stefan Isebring / hurdy gurdy
- Gregor Reid (Spanker) / narrator