Your shopping cart is empty!
The Union Chapel Concert was a one-off event that brought together VDGG's Guy Evans and Peter Hammill plus several notable guests, including David Jackson, Hugh Banton, Manny Elias and Stuart Gordon.
Perhaps the surprise of this evening in 1997 was that not only did it re-unite the mid-1970s VDGG line-up for the first time in two decades, but that the band played the Van Der Graaf classic Lemmings.
Elsewhere, Evans/Hammill duo pieces are performed as are solo pieces by Hammill, Jackson and Gordon.
1. Introduction (0:41)
2. Fireworks (3:51)
3. A Forest of Pronouns (7:53)
4. Anatol's Proposal (4:10)
5. After the Show (8:07)
6. Roger and Out (3:18)
7. Accidents (9:15)
8. Soundbeam Medley (Four Kinds of Rice / Hello / Resolution) (11:32)
9. Women of Ireland (2:03)
10. Ship of Fools (7:45)
11. Hamburg Station (3:50)
12. Seven Wonders (10:14)
13. Barber's Adagio for Strings (9:32)
14. Red Shift (10:50)
15. Lemmings (15:19)
16. Outroduction (3:16)
17. Traintime (7:39)
- Peter Hammill / vocals, guitar, keyboards
- Guy Evans / drums, percussion, MIDI pads & samples, blue drums
- Hugh Banton / organ
- David Jackson / flute, saxes, soundbeam
- Stuart Gordon / violin
- Manny Elias / drums
- Giles Perrin / guitar, blue drums
- Mat Fraser / blue drums
- Patou Soult / percussion, blue drums