Your shopping cart is empty!
Soundtrack to the documentary film McQueen, drawn from Michael Nyman's previous works and one track commissioned by Alexander McQueen.
2CD in digipack.
Lionsgate UK release the film documentary of McQueen June 8th, 2018. The film documents the rise from ‘Rags to Riches’ of Lee Alexander McQueen as a self described “unremarkable” working class boy from East London, he harnessed his demons and went on to become a global one-man fashion brand and one of the most iconic artists of the century. As soon as fellow directors Ian Bonhȏte and Peter Ettedgui began to develop the story of Lee Alexander McQueen as a cinema documentary, it became clear to them there was only one composer for this film. Michael Nyman’s name kept cropping up as they researched Lee’s life; colleagues and friends they interviewed recalled how long nights in his design studio were inevitably accompanied by CDs of Michael’s music, in particular his score for ‘The Piano’ (Lee’s favourite film and soundtrack). They sourced the music from Michael Nyman’s vast output on MN Records and the soundtrack to the film will be released on June 8, to coincide with the theatrical release of the film.
Michael Nyman’s music - and its unique connection to Lee - was by their side throughout the edit, leading them, nudging them to explore the myriad emotions provoked by McQueen’s remarkable story. From the raucous iconoclasm of Lee’s early years, to the darker aspects of his character; from the celebration of his life to the tragedy of his death. The Track Dealing for the Sarabande, commissioned by Alexander McQueen in 2006, from Michael Nyman, receives its premiere recording on this album.
1. McQueen | Time Lapse (Nyman/Greenaway Revisited)
2. Tape No.1 | A Sixth Part of the World 1 (Vertov Sounds)
3. Kinky Gerlinky | Secrets, Accusations and Charges (The Glare)
4. Jack the Ripper Stalks His Victims | MGV 1st Region (MGV and The Piano Concerto)
5. Tape No.2 | Knights at School (Nyman Brass)
6. Skys the Limit | Chasing Sheep is Best Left to Shepherds (Nyman/Greenaway Revisit
7. Lee Scissorhands | Bird List (Michael Nyman)
8. Joyce | Passage de légalité (La Traversée de Paris)
9. Nocturne (Stitching to Nyman) | Big My Secret (The Piano Sings)
10. The Highland Rape | Abel carries Ephraim (Nyman Brass)
11. Armour for the Heart | I am also a painter (Sublime)
12. Bleached Jeans and Attitude | Here to There (The Piano)
13. Paris Chic | Revisiting the Don (Mozart 252)
14. Search for the Golden Fleece | A Satire Against Mankind (The Libertine)
15. Its a Jungle Out There | Queen of the Night (The Draughtsmans Contract)
1. Tape No.4 | Es war Erde in ihnen (Six Celan Songs)
2. Haute Couture | Outside Looking In (Carrington)
3. Devil Crossing the Door | Lyra da braccio (Sublime)
4. Incubus | Flying Machines (Sublime)
5. No Way Back | The Exchange (The Piano Sings)
6. Fairlight | Franklyn (The Piano Sings)
7. Tape No.5 | Fish Beach (Mozart 252)
8. La Dame Bleue | The Promise (The Piano)
9. Metamorphosis | All Imperfect Things (The Piano Sings)
10. Solitude | Trysting Fields / Sheep n Tides (Mozart 252)
11. The Final Collection | Lost and Found (The Piano Sings)
12. Platos Atlantis | The Piano Concerto The Beach (MGV and The Piano Concerto)
13. Angels and Daemons | Upon Leaving His Mistress (The Libertine)
14. Silhouette | Diary of Love (The Piano Sings)
15. Lees Sarabande | Dealing for the Sarabande (McQueen)