Your shopping cart is empty!
Formed in Austin, Texas in 1965, the International Artists label is best known for the 13th Floor Elevators' hit singles and seminal albums but the label also released a series of groundbreaking records from acts such as The Red Krayola, Lost & Found and The Golden Dawn.
The label's success was down to the leadership of Lelan Rogers, (brother of the country star Kenny). Under Roger?s guidance the label embraced the revolutionary new psychedelic sound that was emerging from the city. Epitaph For A Legend is a collection of rarities from the label?s catalogue that Rogers compiled in 1980 for a double vinyl release.
This deluxe reissue of the album comes packaged in a double media book with 40 page booklet with extensive liner notes from The Mole (Shindig Mag) and a new intro by Jon Savage (Mojo) along with his original interview with Lelan Rogers from the vinyl release.
1. Big Walter - Breakfast In Bed
2. Dave Allen - C. C. Rider
3. Dave Allen - Saturday A.M. Blues
4. Lightnin' Hopkins - Conversation With Lightnin' Hopkins
5. Lightnin' Hopkins - Black Ghost Blues
6. Roky Erikson - Interview with Roky (KSAN 4/1/78)
7. The Spades - You're Gonna Miss Me
8. The Spades - We Sell Soul
9. Roky & Clementine Hall - Splash 1
10. Roky & Clementine Hall - Right Track Now
11. The 13th Floor Elevators - Wait For My Love
12. The 13th Floor Elevators - 60-Second Radio Spot for 'Bull Of The Woods'
13. The 13th Floor Elevators - Fire Engine
1. The Chayns - Night Time (Is The Right Time)
2. The Patterns - In My Own Time
3. The Chaparrels - I Tried So Hard
4. Thursday's Children - A Part Of You
5. The Rubayyat - If I Were A Carpenter
6. Sonny Hall - Poor Planet Earth
7. Inner Scene - Communication Breakdown
8. The Red Crayola - Hurricane Fighter Plane (Demo)
9. The Red Crayola - Pink Stainless Tail (Demo)
10. The Red Crayola - Nickle Niceness (Demo)
11. The Red Crayola - Vile, Vile Grass (Demo)
12. The Red Crayola - Transparent Radiation (Demo)
13. The Emperors - I Want My Woman
14. Lost And Found - 25 M.P.H.