Your shopping cart is empty!
The revolutionary Drums And Wires, from 1979, is the second in a series of expanded XTC album reissues, including 5.1 Surround mixes, new stereo mixes and High-Resolution stereo mixes.
Steven Wilson produced the mixes with the input of founder band member Andy Partridge and the full approval of the band.
This cd/dvd-a set is presented in special packaging with an expanded booklet and sleeve-notes by Andy Partridge, Colin Moulding and Dave Gregory.
Help with adjusting your player settings (if necessary) can be found here: http://www.opusproductions.com/disc/setup.html
* CD features a stereo mix by Steven Wilson plus 6 additional singles and non-album tracks .
* DVDA features:
- a 5.1 LPCM Surround mix in 24bit/96khz mixed from the original multi-track tapes.
- Steven Wilson stereo mix, original album mix and 7 bonus stereo tracks*, all in High Resolution stereo.
* including the two tracks from the single that accompanied early copies of the vinyl album, two extended mixes of songs and the DJM mixes (songs earmarked as potential single releases).
Complex knotty rhythms and memorable melodic hooks collide with thought-provoking lyrics on the album that established XTC as one of the most inventive bands of the New Wave era.
For those already familiar with Drums And Wires, this reissue provides a comprehensively expanded edition of a much loved classic. For anyone fortunate enough to be new to the spiky delights of Drums And Wires, yes, Pop music really was this good at one point in time.
1) Making Plans For Nigel
3) Day In Day Out
4) When You're Near Me I Have Difficulty
5) Ten Feet Tall
6) Roads Girdle the Globe
7) Real By Reel
9) That Is The Way
10) Outside World
11) Scissor Man
12) Complicated Game
13) Chain Of Command
15) Life Begins At The Hop
16) Homo Safari
17) Ten Feet Tall (electric version)
18) Wait ‘Til Your Boat Goes Down
DVDA (Region 0, NTSC):
- Album mixed in 5.1 Lossless Surround from original multi-track sources.
- Steven Wilson stereo mix, original album mix and 7 bonus stereo tracks, all in High Resolution stereo (24bit/96khz LPCM audio).
CD features a completely new stereo album mix by Steven Wilson
CD also features 6 additional singles & non-album tracks – 5 newly mixed by Steven Wilson.
DVD-A features a 5.1 LPCM Surround mix in 24bit/96khz mixed from the original
DVD-A features the new stereo album mix in 24bit/96khz LPCM audio.
DVD-A features the original stereo album mix in 24bit/96khz LPCM audio.
DVD-A also features 7 additional Hi-Res stereo tracks.
Presented in special packaging with expanded booklet & sleeve-notes by Andy Partridge, Colin Moulding & Dave Gregory