Your shopping cart is empty!
Written in October 1955 and released in January 1956, 'Blue Suede Shoes' was an instant classic earning a place in the history books when it became the first million-seller to crossover from the Country chart to the Pop and R&B listings. Swiftly covered by Elvis Presley and later The Beatles, the song remains a Rock 'n' Roll anthem. Fitting then that Carl Perkins, the man who wrote and first performed 'Blue Suede Shoes', should be accorded a television special to celebrate its 30th anniversary. On 21st October 1985 at London's Limehouse Studios a superstar cast of friends and fans joined Carl Perkins to record a TV special celebrating his career and the classic songs that he had recorded during it.
Perkins was joined on stage by George Harrison and Eric Clapton along with other stars including Dave Edmunds, Slim Jim Phantom and Lee (Stray Cats) Rocker plus Earl Slick and singer Rosanne Cash, daughter of the legendary Johnny Cash.
George Harrison struck up a lasting friendship with Perkins and much of the continued interest in the programme lies in the prominent role played by Harrison. The former Beatle takes lead vocal on several tracks as well as playing guitar and having a great time. The Beatles connection is even stronger in that Harrison is joined by former colleague Ringo Starr with the show representing their first reunion gig since the mid-1970's.
To celebrate the 30th anniversary of this unique show, Madfish are releasing the concert both on CD & DVD packaged together for the first time. Carl Perkins & Friends 'Blue Suede Shoes - A Rockabilly Session' is being presented in a mediabook with liner notes from Sam Szczepanski, who was one of the lucky fans who managed to get a ticket the show.
This CD DVD captures the whole concert, both as an audio and visual experience capturing Carl Perkins and the All-Star band performing Perkins' finest songs which also include That's Alright Mama and Whole Lotta Shakin' Going On, plus the DVD includes short interviews with Johnny Cash, Roy Orbison & Jerry Lee Lewis interviews discussing the importance and influence of Carl Perkins.
1. Boppin' The Blues [02:57]
2. Put Your Cat Clothes [03:31]
3. Honey, Don't [04:06]
4. Matchbox [02:54]
5. Mean Woman Blues [03:27]
6. Turn Around [03:17]
7. Jackson [03:04]
8. What Kind Of Girl [02:04]
9. Everybody's Trying To Be My Baby [03:26]
10. Your True Love [04:18]
11. The World Is Waiting For The Sunrise [02:17]
12. Medley: That's Alright Mama; Blue Moon Of Kentucky; Night Train To Memphis [05:17]
13. Glad All Over [02:36]
14. Whole Lotta Shakin' Goin' On [02:30]
15. Gone, Gone, Gone [02:38]
16. Blue Suede Shoes [03:11]
17. Blue Suede Shoes (encore) [02:54]
18. Gone, Gone, Gone (encore) [00:52]
1. Johnny, Roy & Jerry Lee [01:41]
2. Boppin' The Blues [02:57]
3. Put Your Cat Clothes [03:31]
4. Honey, Don't [04:06]
5. Matchbox [02:54]
6. Mean Woman Blues [03:27]
7. Turn Around [03:17]
8. Jackson [03:04]
9. What Kind Of Girl [02:04]
10. Everybody's Trying To Be My Baby [03:26]
11. Your True Love [04:18]
12. The World Is Waiting For The Sunrise [02:17]
13. Medley: That's Alright Mama; Blue Moon Of Kentucky; Night Train To Memphis [05:17]
14. Glad All Over [02:36]
15. Whole Lotta Shakin' Goin' On [02:30]
16. Gone, Gone, Gone [02:38]
17. Blue Suede Shoes [03:11]
18. Blue Suede Shoes (encore) [02:54]
19. Gone, Gone, Gone (encore) [00:52]