Your shopping cart is empty!
Recorded in January and February 1966 for an album which never saw release, Headstone comprises a collection of the first ever studio sessions from the psychedelic legends, The 13th Floor Elevators.
Featuring mono versions of the 11 original tracks, including the groundbreaking You?re Gonna Miss Me and Fire Engine, plus four remastered stereo alternative takes.
Re-mastered and remixed in 2007 by original producer Walt Andrus, the sessions come packaged in a deluxe rigid digibook and also contain 4 previously unreleased live tracks and a detailed 16 page booklet featuring sleeve notes written by Elevators expert Paul Drummond.
A limited edition of 5000 copies.
?The Elevators were way ahead of the Psychedelic curve: Only The Beatles, The Byrds and Bob Dylan were recording material like this in early 1966.' - Mojo
1. You're Gonna Miss Me
2. Tried To Hide
3. Everybody Needs Somebody to Love
4. Take That Girl
5. You Can't Hurt Me Anymore
6. I'm Gonna Love You Too
7. Monkey Island
8. Roller Coaster
9. Now I'm Home (Splash 1)
10. Where Am I? (Thru the Rhythm)
11. Fire Engine
12. You Can't Hurt Me Anymore (take 1)
13. Fire Engine (take 8)
14. You're Gonna Miss Me (take6)
15. Tried To Hide (take 7)
16. Everybody Needs Somebody To Love (version 2 unreleased)
17. Roller Coaster (previously unreleased)
18. We've Gotta Get Out Of This Place (unreleased version)
19. Fire Engine (version 2 unreleased)