Your shopping cart is empty!
The one thousand birds Symphony is a collection of compositions and sonic arrangements by art rock musician GRICE.
This special limited edition CD includes a bonus track, the original demo of ‘morning glory' recorded by GRICE at Swanston House onto 4-track tape (1998). The track was later reimagined on the One Thousand Birds album.
Guest contributions (and subsonic jewels) come from Richard Barbieri, Luca Calabrese, Raphael Ravenscroft, Hossam Ramzy, Steve Bingham and more....
Richard Barbieri populates the virtual forest with unique analogue bird sounds created on the System 700 ('A return to specific synth programming'. R.B.)
‘A fascinating exploration of combining natural music with composition. This is stunningly clever - a genius work.’ - The Progressive Aspect
In 4-panel lancing pack.
1. Dawn chorale (The woodpeckers dream)
2. The parliament, the mischief & the unkindness
3. one thousand bird symmetry (anxiety call to wings)
4. Agent starling (high roller glitch)
5. Birds on a wire (blackbird vocoder)
6. Wake & prey (buzzard song)
7. Bittern tears
8. Blackbird chain (traction in the rain)
9. The white crow & the windchime
10. The oldest tree (the highest branch)
11. Morning Glory (original demo)
GRICE - acoustic & electric guitars, keys, piano, percussion,
vocals, programming, sound design, bird mangling
Duncan Chave - sound design, bird warping
Eliza Carew - cello
Al Swainger - bass guitars, pedals, french horn
Fred Ehresmann - piano
Luca Calabrese - trumpet
Field recordings and Filming by GRICE
(various locations in the Shire, UK)
Composed, arranged and produced by GRICE
Mixed by GRICE
'dawn chorale' mixed by Duncan Chave
Mastered by Duncan Chave
Artwork - GRICE
Video trailer (unofficial) by GRICE
Additional sonic Contributions: