Your shopping cart is empty!
M24J (Anthology) is a collection of music recorded by The Durutti Column between 1979 and 2011.
M24J (Anthology) includes selections from The Return of the Durutti Column, LC, Another Setting, Short Stories for Pauline, Without Mercy, Circuses and Bread, The Guitar and Other Machines, Vini Reilly, Obey the Time, Treatise on the Steppenwolf and A Paean to Wilson.
“The Durutti Column was Tony’s baby,” says Durutti mainman Vini Reilly. “We were the first act signed up to his Factory club night, and the first band signed to Factory Records. Tony became my mentor, somebody to look up to. He was a very tough character, yet he was very gentle. He had many sides. The biggest arguments with Tony were that he wanted to stop me singing with my schoolboy lyrics and my dreadful voice.”
Bonus tracks on the CD version include three tracks recorded live in Leeds on 7 October 1980, these being the earliest preserved professional in concert recordings by Vini Reilly.
1. Sketch for Summer
3. Lips That Would Kiss
4. For Belgian Friends
7. The Beggar (live in Paris)
9. Mercy Theme (Duet)
10. Estoril a Noite
12. All That Love and Maths Can Do
15. Catos con Guantes
17. Love No More
18. My Country
2. Art and Freight
3. My Only Love
4. A Beautiful Thought Pt 1
5. The Title On the Cover
7. The Missing Boy
8. Anthony (Favourite Descending Intervals)
9. A Paean to Wilson I: Or Are You Just a Technician?
10. A Paean to Wilson II: Chant
11. A Paean to Wilson IX: Darkness Here
13. Detail for Annik (live in Leeds 1980)
14. Sketch for Summer (live in Leeds 1980)
15. Requiem for a Father (live in Leeds 1980)