Your shopping cart is empty!
30th Anniversary deluxe version of the 1992 iconic Black Metal classic A Blaze in the Northern Sky by Darkthrone.
On clear vinyl, with special handmade sleeves courtesy of Bartek Rogalewicz, these are limited to 666 numbered copies only, and are hand-signed by Fenriz and Nocturno Culto on paper made in the year 1666 (!).
This edition also contains a refresh of the original 1992 audio master.
A Blaze In The Northern Sky, Darkthrone's official second album, was originally released in 1992 and was without question the blueprint for the Black Metal scene, spearheading the evolution of the early second wave movement in Norway & beyond. It was hailed on release as an album of true scene-shifting greatness, following their more Death Metal focussed debut, Soulside Journey.
The rawness apparent on the album (recorded at Creative Studios, the same location where Mayhem's legendary Deathcrush was put to tape), was unusual for the time and an antithesis to the typical Metal production values and standards during the period. With this, Darkthrone's statement of attitude and intent was clear, and their reputation as masters of Norwegian Black Metal was established.
- True artisan release redesigned and hand crafted by Bartek Rogalewicz at Lodge.Black Temple.
- Thick 2mm hardcover in handmade black raw paper and paper sourced from an ancient book from year 1666.
- Hand printed using vintage manual woodcut press.
- Printed with custom made silver ink with addition of powdered goat horns.
- Hand numbered.
- 4 pages insert with lyrics and alternate layout.
1 Kathaarian Life Code
2 In The Shadow Of The Horns
3 Paragon Belial
1 Where Cold Winds Blow
2 A Blaze In The Northern Sky
3 The Pagan Winter