Your shopping cart is empty!
'Across 110th Street' is among the finest (and most successful) creations to emerge from Black America UNCUT
A heavyweight vinyl reissue Bobby Womack's iconic Blaxploitation soundtrack.
Bobby Womack was originally discovered as a teenager singing Gospel music by the late Sam Cooke. Blessed with one of the warmest, most readily-identifiable voices in Soul music, he carved out his reputation with a series of classic albums and singles in the early 1970s, re-emerging again in the 1980s with his career masterpieces, 'The Poet and The Poet II', the latter achieving platinum status in Europe alone.
Womack's music for the critically-acclaimed - albeit violent, bloodthirsty and deeply disturbing - Blaxploitation movie 'Across 110th Street' (starring Anthony Quinn, Yaphet Kotto and Anthony Franciosa) is perhaps Womack's most celebrated album and remains one of the most important soundtracks of the genre.
1. Across 110th Street
2. Harlem Clavinette (instrumental)*
3. If You Don't Want My Love
4. Hang On In There (instrumental)*
6. Harlem Love Theme (instrumental)*
1. Across 110th Street (instrumental)*
2. Do It Right
3. Hang On In There
4. If You Don't Want My Love (instrumental)*
5. Across 110th Street (part 2)
* J.J. Johnson & his Orchestra