Your shopping cart is empty!
Soft Machine's second album was the last to prominently feature vocals - Robert Wyatt on particularly dazzling form - and the first to feature Hugh Hopper as a band member.
Volume Two is a wildly imaginative collection of off-kilter songs and proto-Jazz Rock instrumental strangeness that includes the two long suites Rivmic Melodies and Esther's Nose Job, and the timelessly beautiful Hugh Hopper piece, Dedicated To You But You Weren't Listening.
Vinyl edition in non-gatefold sleeve.
1. Pataphysical Introduction Pt. I (1:00)
2. A Concise British Alphabet Pt. I (0:10)
3. Hibou, Anemone and Bear (5:58)
4. A Concise British Alphabet Pt. II (0:12)
5. Hulloder (0:52)
6. Dada Was Here (3:25)
7. Thank You Pierrot Lunaire (0:47)
8. Have You Ever Bean Green? (1:23)
9. Pataphysical Introduction Pt. II (0:50)
10. Out Of Tunes (2:30)
11. As Long As He Lies Perfectly Still (2:30)
12. Dedicated To You But You Weren't Listening (2:30)
Esther's Nose Job:
13. Fire Engine Passing With Bells Clanging (1:50)
14. Pig (2:08)
15. Orange Skin Food (1:52)
16. A Door Opens And Closes (1:09)
17. 10.30 Returns To The Bedroom (4:14)
- Hugh Hopper / bass, alto sax
- Mike Ratledge / keyboards, flute (10)
- Robert Wyatt / drums, vocals
- Brian Hopper / tenor & soprano sax