Your shopping cart is empty!
A 2020 remastered double CD edition of East & West, the bittersweet debut album by American singer-songwriter Anna Domino (originally released in 1984).
Recorded in Brussels in 1983 with guest contributions from Virginia Astley, Blaine L. Reininger (Tuxedomoon) and Luc Van Acker, the five tracks on the original mini-album included her first single Trust, In Love (an NME single of the week), as well as an exquisite cover of Aretha Franklin’s classic Land Of My Dreams. The rare b-side track Repeating (from the same sessions) also features in addition to 7 tracks recorded live in Japan in 1987.
The bonus disc North & South collects together 15 collaborations recorded between 1984 and 2020. These include Zanna, her popular duet with Luc Van Acker, vocal cameos with electronic artists including Ultramarine, Buscemi and Marc Moulin, and collaborations with The The, Stephen Merritt, Stanton Miranda and Kid Montana. The disc also features intriguing lost song Crime, with lyrics based on Anna’s conversations with friend and celebrated artist Jean-Michel Basquiat.
Retaining the original cover art by Joel Van Audenhaege, this edition adds liner notes written by Anna about her formative music experiences in New York City, and the writing of the songs on East & West.
1. With the Day Comes the Dawn
2. Land Of My Dreams
4. Everyday, I Don’t
5. Trust, In Love
7. Rhythm (live)
8. My Man (live)
9. Take That (live)
10. Change (live)
11. Just Too Much (live)
12. She Walked (live)
13. Caught (live)
1. Zanna (w. Luc Van Acker)
2. Dreamback (w. Stanton Miranda)
3. Crime (w. Jean-Michael Basquiat)
4. Scat (w. Marc Moulin)
5. Joey Came Home (w. Kid Montana)
6. Here In My Heart (w. Stephin Merritt)
7. Pome On Dr Sax (w. Jack Kerouac)
8. December Sunlight (w. The The)
9. Pillar Box Red (w. The The)
10. The Light Downtown
11. Marbletown Girl
12. Arithmetic (w. Ultramarine)
13. Beautiful As Sorrow (w. Buscemi)
14. Spark From Flint To Clay (w. Ultramarine)
15. What She Keeps (w. The Hood)