Your shopping cart is empty!
For contractual reasons this release is not available for sale in North America.
Townes Van Zandt's 1978 debut studio album for Tomato Records was produced by the legendary Chips Moman at Nashville's American Studios & contains some of the Texas troubadour's strongest songs: 'When She Don't Need Me', 'Loretta', 'No Place To Fall' (later a Townes duet with Willie Nelson) and the haunting title track, plus an inspired cover of Bo Diddley's 'Who Do You Love'.
Beautifully remastered & repackaged with full-colour booklet, sleeve notes, interview & full lyrics to commemorate the 50th anniversary of the beginning of Townes Van Zandt's musical career.
"The poems that surround his sparse, functional melodies are seldom comfortable, always challenging. Townes Van Zandt straddles the country roots of Hank Williams and the folk balladry of Bob Dylan and Woody Guthrie. In this company, he is certainly among equals" - Richard Harrington - The Washington Post
- Replica LP sleeve with original Milton Glaser designed artwork and Wood Newton photography.
- 12-inch 4-panel full-colour LP insert, 16-page fully illustrated CD booklet with sleeve notes by Lola Scobey featuring a rare Townes Van Zandt interview, photos and complete lyrics.
- Part of Charly's 50th anniversary programme celebrating the start of Van Zandt's career.
- All original Poppy and Tomato albums which Townes Van Zandt recorded at the peak of his career are being restored, newly remastered and lavishly repackaged and released on CD, limited edition 180g heavyweight coloured vinyl, digital download and Mastered For iTunes formats.
The death of Townes Van Zandt in 1997 at age 52 robbed the world of a troubled genius as well as one of America's finest songwriters. While his albums never sold in large quantities, his reputation and popularity has grown greater by the year inspiring books, a documentary and renewed interest from the media, passionately loyal fans and contemporaries such as Willie Nelson, Merle Haggard and Emmylou Harris who have covered his songs to the upper-reaches of the American charts.
1. Loretta [03:49]
2. No Place To Fall [03:29]
3. Flyin' Shoes [04:24]
4. Who Do You Love [04:00]
5. When She Don`t Need Me [03:11]
1. Dollar Bill Blues [02:58]
2. Rex's Blues [02:28]
3. Pueblo Waltz [03:00]
4. Brother Flower [02:53]
5. Snake Song [02:33]